Welcome to the Home Page of the Defined Benefit Retirement Protection Fund
Please take the time to view the About US section and the Pension Facts section to see who we are and why we have formed together to fight for defined benefit pension plans.
If you have already donated and it is your first visit to the site, please click on the red "apply" link next to the log in area. This will redirect you to a Log In application form. Please fill it out and submit it. It may take up to 24 hours to approve this form as your application must be compared to the donation list. Once it is confirmed, you will receive and email confirmation that you are allowed to log in with the user name and password you selected.
If you are a retired City of Miami Firefighter and you would like to donate to our organization please go to the About Us section and click on the Join Now tab. Once you have donated you can register for web site privileges by clicking on the word "apply" in the left upper corner on this page next to the log in area to be redirected to an Log In application form which will allow you to create a user name and password. After your donation has been recorded and you have signed up for your web privileges you will receive an email allowing access to the Members section of this web site.
You must make a donation prior to receiving web site priviledges!
If you are a citizen, politician, government official, or anyone else looking for information on Defined Benefit Programs vs other types of retirement programs please take a look at our Pension Facts section and contact us if you have any further questions or comments.
If you would like to donate to this organization to help educate the public about the benefits of defined benefit plans please email us at Teris@dbpfmiami.org
Define Benefit Retirement Protection Fund
The purposes for which this corporation is created and maintained shall be exclusively for the promotion of social welfare and no activities which are not permitted by an organization exempt from taxation pursuant to Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, as amended, shall be permitted.
The corporation shall have the following specified powers:
(1) To gather, analyze and disseminate data and information relating to employee benefits at the state, county and municipal levels and other issues, including, but not limited to, the support of professional firefighters;
(2) To serve as a core organization to bring together citizens, governmental agencies and representatives of other organizations which have a common interest in issues relating to state, county and municipal pensions, generally, within the State of Florida;
(3) To conduct fundraising activities for the production of revenues adequate to carry out the purposes of the corporation;
(4) To employ staff, consultants, attorneys and accountants as are necessary for the proper operation of the corporation;
(5) To disseminate to the public, civic and governmental organizations and other non-profit and business entities information relating to the purposes of the corporation and such other subjects as may from time to time arise;
(6) To exercise powers permitted by Florida law of a corporation not for profit;
(7) To register, if it becomes necessary, and function as a political committee pursuant to Chapter 106, Florida Statutes or the corresponding section of any later adopted statutes or to establish a separate political committee, as permitted by law;
(8) To conduct such other related activities permitted to be conducted by an organization exempt from taxation pursuant to Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, as amended.
Board of Directors
Tom Gabriel, President
Jeff Fitzgerald, Vice President
Dan Givens, Treasurer
Teri Sadler, Administrative Secretary
Tom Flores, Chairman
William "Shorty" Bryson